Sunday, June 21, 2009

WHO'S YER DADDY...and other thoughts!

Today is Father's Day. If you are a good father, or if you have a good father, or if you're married to a man who is a good father: these are some of the best things! Happy Father's Day to those who do it right, and to those who will one day.

We didn't take pictures today...it was enough to be together, though the two 20 y/o boys were not with us. We did have the most delicious brunch, and a very peaceful visit. My daddy wasn't quite right, which worries me. Most of you know he did the pneumonia/hospital thing not that long ago, and that this cold/flu thing has been with him for the past 3 weeks. My mommy was distressed, which distresses me...but I have big shoulders! My butthead sis went home with back issues. It was quiet, and nice.

I am starting to stress Seattle, and I'm so excited I'm counting the days! I will have my darling friends there, but they are doing the half and I'm gonna have to hustle my ass to beat my SD time. As I sit here typing, I'm loading music on the ipod I bought ages ago to connect with that fancy nike+ sensor. My brain is in pack mode and my head is pounding. IF you're wondering about my Seattle plans, I'm there for NO TIME AT ALL! Arrive Friday morning and head to the Expo to p/u race packet...wander through Pike Place on the way back to the hotel, then to the pasta party and back to the room to lay out clothes for the race. Saturday morning: 4am shuttles to buses to Tukwila for start line...marathon starts at 7am. Finish race, suck down water/bananas/BEER/everything in site...back to hotel for a cold shower, soma and a nap. Saturday evening: Tini Bigs for a bloody mary martini (Lisa, you would LOVE this place), Belltown pizza for a house pie with my friend Laura, and asleep by WHENEVER! Sunday: wander downtown, and leave way too early...my heart will break. Better 2 days than none at all!

xo

No comments: