Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Biggest Loser

I SO DISLIKE REALITY TELEVISION! Last season Juls sucked me in to Big Brother, but other then that, I don't do reality! I am very happy in my mindless world of fantasy! But last season I was at Crystle & Michael's, and they watched Biggest Loser...so I watched, but didn't get in to it because it was mid way and I didn't connect with anyone.

But I started this season from the first show, and that was all it took...that and Tivo to get me through the really slow parts! I like this show because it really is all about lifting people up. There is nothing evil or nasty or vindictive about it; it's all about improving lives, helping these people realize their potential and saving their lives! I LOVE THIS SHOW!

I totally connected with some of it, and watching them inspired me. I completely related to the 21 year old Dan when he described his "breakfast soda", the 44oz coke that he had for breakfast...not to be confused with the cokes he had all day long. Mine wasn't (always) the 44oz size, but it was something (and most of you know, I don't do diet)! Because of him, I have no b'fast coke...but my coffee intake is an embarrassment! My drive-thru Starbux kids know my order. And my previous 1-2 coke per day habit is down...if I have a coke, a 20 oz'er lasts 2 days!

It has inspired me to get off my (pre-surgery) fat ass! Well, that and my over-achieving friend Bucket, the marathon chick! With the girls (Bucket, Colleen, Teri), or with just me and the boys (Buster, Bruiser, Marley)...I am walking Balboa golf course (3+ miles) at least 4 times per week! IF YOU WANNA JOIN US, LET ME KNOW AND I'LL ADD YOU TO THE TEXT FOR TIME LIST! And because this is my blog and I can brag... I have lost almost all of the weight I've gained since being injured (18 lb), and am once again able to fit into my fav jeans! I feel great!

And last night Ian and I hashed out a very major problem, and peace once again reigns supreme in my world, for the moment.

Now I am working on getting past the slowness. I am frustrated that I still can't do...lots of stuff. That I lost 18 months+ of my life, and that it really has messed with my head. I try not to be angry, but it isn't always easy.

I think I am a better person, and more patient with the world. I still can't be patient with total stupidity and laziness, but beyond that...I'm working on it! I have slowed down, and truly realize how lucky I am and how great my life is. I know how blessed I am to have friends like you.

Thanks for listening to me ramble!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I am so so proud of you!!! You too can do a marathon! I am telling you! With the proper training and coaching - you can do it!!

bucket

Jule said...

You go girl!! I think you are one of the most inspiring and positive Women I have ever been lucky enough to know!r
I'd love to walk, let me know the schedule.