Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Working toward "HA" right back!

I saw the Oncologist today. She was very nice, and very matter of fact. She told me that she believes the cancer was caught early. She believes that because of the size of the melanoma (0.48mm) and the "margin" (1mm), that it is localized. She believes that the Dermatologist got it all, but that the Surgeon will take a little more, just to be safe. They drew blood for a test to detect melanoma cells. And then I met Colleen for a much-needed walk; and then I stayed and walked with my brother and sis-in-law.

The next step is a PET scan...oh yeah! Sign me up for something where they inject radioactive crap into my body and then do a full body scan! And then surgery...housekeeping at the site, inject dye near the site to filter into the lymph nodes so they can take a node out and look at it right there in surgery to see if the melanoma spread. OH YEAH!!!

This is definitely a bugger! It has me seriously pissed off, and certainly concerned with the occasional scared. These days I live for my walks, so this may throw me for a few. Remember that anger is a much more effective emotion than sad or scared...anger is energy!

Thank you ALL for being supportive. I am beyond blessed to have amazing friends and family, and so many of you have offered to assist with anything, just as so many of you offered 5 months ago when I had surgery. I really will ask if I need help, but Ian is sort of working on stepping up...and for now I'm just living my life to the fullest! When I'm struggling, I will definitely holler!

Feel free to call me any time. If I don't answer I might be walking, or tired of talking, but I will call back!

I love you and thank you for being you. And when I've kicked this thing in the ass, I sense a party!

xo

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WTF????? Cancer???? Where is it? This is the first I heard of it. Hugs to you.

What is the 25k? Is it a walk or run? I want to walk with you and Colleen!! We're headed for Boston tomorrow but I want to play when we get back.

Get better quick, that's an order. Then no more medical anything ever again. Okay? Okay!!

Love you bunches.

Di

ps. give Mr. I-man a kiss from me :-)