Monday, April 28, 2008

GOD said, "HA"!

I physically feel amazing. I've taken my life back, and am regaining ME! Not to brag, but I was recently referred to as a "thin bitch", which is a great compliment from my sister (the one we rescued at birth from the puppy farm). I will never be skinny (refer to the Jewish hips and thighs), but I am definitely BETTER. I am still a bit slow and not 100% from surgery, but it has been 5 months and I am closer to ME then I have been in a long time! I walk 15+ miles per week thanks to my darling friends, and I am so enjoying life...Ian is being pretty darned cute and quite lovely...

and then GOD said, "HA"!

The diagnosis is malignant melanoma. CANCER. You know my words to the doctor..."shut the fuck up" and, "you've so got the wrong girl".

So tomorrow I go to the Oncologist, and hope to schedule an immediate PET scan so that we can see that this shit is localized and that they can remove it and be done. I go to the Surgeon next Monday, after my San Fran trip.

Do not worry about me. Do not be sympathetic. Do not stress. I am going to kick the shit out of this thing, and then get on...with my life and with the 25k I had planned for August.

Just know that I appreciate all support, and that I love you all for wanting to help. If I don't respond, I'm hiding...it worked well this weekend!

NOTE: Credit to Julia Sweeney for the title of this posting!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

And I believe you will be sayin 'HA' right back at him! How dare he! I love your "Shut the fuck up" remark. He must have looked at you like what did she just tell me. :-) Love you lots and thinking of you all the time.

Lisa Spiegel said...

I think I would have said the same thing. I understand and respect your need to hide for now, but know that I do love you lots and am thinking of you...(((Hugs)))

Juls said...

Shut the fuck up is the exactly what I would've said. Unbelievable. I understand why you're hiding but don't be afraid to ask for anything. We're TOTALLY and 100% here for you every step in every way. I have no doubt that this is a quick blip and you'll knock the shit out of this. It's not your style to ever take no for an answer. Lots of love and hugs to you. I'm here if you need anything.