Tuesday, July 8, 2008

CRAZY WITH THE HEAT?


Is that a reasonable explanation as to why I am going to walk the Nike Women's Marathon on October 19th in San Francisco? Or that Team in Training (TiT) raises $$ for leukemia and lymphoma research and that 75% of the money I raise goes directly to research? Perhaps it's the rush I get from doing something I never thought was in my future...and certainly NOT, as I lay in the hospital 7 1/2 months ago! Is it that cancer hit me 2 months ago? Maybe that my darling friend Janice is a success story, or that my darling Tante is just starting her battle.
I have no explanation, just a compulsion to be successful! And that I'll be doing this with Melinda and with Bucket makes it so much sweeter.
I will be 46 years old and controlling my life...sometimes I love being me! I am so content.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I just noticed your 'Things I can't wait to do" list....

**walk marathons with Bucket **

=) You are almost there. I AM SO EXCITED!

Anonymous said...

great cause! great fun! need a link to donate please! woo hoo! work it!

Anonymous said...

Susie B my love...I have a friend who just compleatly redid his house in Granada Hills. He has some great contractors that go above and beyond on a minimal budget. Let me know and I will give you Steve's info.

-Brans