Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Prayers and Babies and Tile, oh my...

First, before I whine, I want to celebrate a very darling friend of mine. We are friends. I don’t know her well, and yet I consider her a true friend…one I can be completely honest with, and know that she’ll get it! And I’m being secretive because I have no clue who knows…that she is pregnant! This fabulous woman is just a bit younger than me, and having twins! She knows how happy I am for her family, and how very envious I am of her…but it couldn’t happen to a more wonderful family. Wishing you an easy pregnancy! Know that I’m available to babysit, and/or come over and bring you a little sanity (and cuddle one or both of your new babies), and help with the older one if she’ll have it!

And I also have to mention that my fabulous Tante is in the hospital…I would probably never ask for prayers for myself, but I must ask for prayers for her…PLEASE!

I’ve thought about going into hiding, but can’t seem to see the benefit at the moment! My doctor released me, and part of my life is in limbo… what is in store for me is so unknown; I want to bury my head in the sand for just a little bit! What balls I have to whine with all that goes on in this world...but it is mine.

Sadly, I am not 100%. Although I can walk many miles, my hips pay for it when I climb into bed…they ache and I can’t get comfortable for many hours, even with Soma and Norco (and don’t even ask about s..). Walking up inclines is not “simple”, and I have to consciously shorten my steps in order to navigate hills. Funny, my back is great, but because of the long delay of treatment and the fact that I walked “funny” to compensate for the back pain, my left hip is not so funny! I still can’t sleep on my left side, which is how I always slept until surgery sucked that away! This is me whining, and I won’t apologize…between this and cancer shit, I’m a little spent recently!

Ian is kicking ass at his second job. He is getting the opportunity to see how people should be treated at work, and how ridiculously full of drama the other job really is! But the new job is helping him to just do the other job and not buy into the BS! He spends some nights at my folks’ house since they live 6 miles from SM, instead of the 18+ from here. He is very happy.

I do miss him, though my house is when I get home, as I left it in the morning. No dishes in the sink; no added laundry, and food in the fridge. I do miss him, but this is not a bad thing!

I am about to undertake the research of tile for my home. Any input from friends would be greatly appreciated! If you have a great tile person, or a great company you’ve dealt with…I’d love your help! And if someone has a spouse or sibling or relative who does this for a living, I’d love to give him or her the business if they’re competitive! Also, wood blinds…not shutters!

This is a short catch up, so hi all and Happy Summer!

Love ya!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad to get caught up on your life. I hope things continue to get better for you and that you stop hurting.

Lisa Spiegel said...

Sus-I know you're not the kind of girl to slow down but girl, would it kill you to just sit on your butt and scrap a little, lol.

And BTW, I know who you're talking about and I've been jumping through the ceiling excited for her for months now!!!!! We can tag team babysit, lol. There will be enough babies to go around! YAY!

Juls said...

I'm definitely counting on you to come by any time you want. I'm sure there will be a baby to cuddle. And thanks for your love and good wishes. And I hope you know I feel exactly the same way about you my friend!! And if YOU need anything, I'm pretty much around. I'm not moving too fast these days and it's only going to slow down. LOL!