Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Compulsive or Anxious?

Here it is, the night before Thanksgiving (well, 30 minutes away)... I've got the cranberry sauce remade, the brussel sprouts washed and draining, the yams and
the pumpkin spice cupcakes baking...and I really just need sleep! But there will be lots of that shortly, so I'm going to work my butt off and lift my heavy pots from bottom cabinets and everything I can do, before I can't anymore!
Thanksgiving is my very favorite holiday. It has nothing to do with religion, so it doesn't create resentment or hatred amongst one zealot or another.

Ian and I will start with the Trader Joe's annual Turkey Bowl, come home to rest a while, shower and head to mom & dad's (stopping at Lori's to be the cupcake fairy, and perhaps at the home of the royal cupcake queen herself)! I am the side dish queen...and perfectly happy to do so! The only part of the turkey I really like is the outside, though I'll wrassle my sis for the gizzard! Did I mention that dad deep-frys our birds, and has since before it became really groovy to do so? I have a deep-fryer if anyone would like to borrow it...anytime!

Friday, my mom, my sis and I will do potato latkes... this is a messy, fun tradition! Refer back in a few days for the potatoe weight and quantity frozen (always very different from the qty fried)! This is our tradition! Lots of Jews make them fresh on Chanukah night, but I think it stinks up the house and someone is stuck frying...so this is how we roll!

Saturday will be nail day...something sedate that exposes my nailbeds...for the anesthesiologist, so he/she doesn't remove my polish!

It's now 12:30...time to wrap up whatever I can and finish in the a.m. Happy Thanksgiving to you all, and to your beloved families!

xo

1 comment:

Lisa Spiegel said...

Sus, I'm here for you if you need me...seriously. JUST CALL..