Sunday, June 1, 2008

ARE THOSE YOUR FAT JEANS???

I am actually thankful for this question. This may sound like an awful question, but it made me feel really great...sort of. As I got dressed this morning, this was the question I was asked, as my favorite jeans were so loose they could be slipped off even buttoned and zipped. They in fact, are not my "fat jeans", but are my favorite jeans and are now too big enough that they will be washed and exiled to the back of my closet. I have loved and worn these jeans for about 6 years even during my thin times, except for approximately September 2007 - March 2008, when I was indeed wearing fat jeans, that I had to go out and buy! My fav pair are Lucky brand; low-rise, decent through the thighs, butter soft and more than long enough for dansko's or platforms...they are my friends! So, I can't just give them away...they will sleep in the back of the closet with my fav overalls until I decide what to do with the denim...because it is my intention to never fit in them again.

Since I haven't caught up recently, here it is:

This past Tuesday I saw the dermatologist... he said all of the "things" on my body were of no concern (something to be thankful for, since I am seriously Caucasian and did the baby oil thing growing up). This past Thursday (1 week after surgery) the surgeon removed the external sutures. He still doesn't have the pathology report, so no answers there but he isn't concerned. The oncologist isn't concerned either! Saw her on Thursday, also...scheduled an ultrasound to check the cyst in my ovary that the found on the PET scan...and that's it, until I see the onc and the derm in August.

The surgeon taped up where he removed the sutures with surgical tape and super glue...it's more uncomfortable now than it was with sutures, and it isn't terribly comfortable to walk! However, it doesn't stop me, it just slows me down a little! I am probably allergic to the tape...will deal with it manana.

Yesterday was my niece's college grad party...so much fun and so awesome to see everyone! I love my huge family, and am so thankful that they came into our lives! This is the family that are the G'nicks and DB's...and the P-lo's that are new to the fam! It was wonderful to have some of the daddy-family clan together...we never do, and it makes me sad! As the fam has grown, we've had to fragment, instead of doing the group holidays of my childhood.

Today is gorgeous...as I arrived home this morning I got C's text to walk...okay, 5 mi it is. And later I'm meeting the SIL to walk again. I will never be a tootsie roll pop, or a q-tip or whatever you call those girls, but it's ridiculous for my ego when someone actually refers to me as "thin". It keeps my ass going out there! It's also sanity...I can think; I can space, and we can solve the problems of the world! I am so thankful that I can do this, and thankful to Bucket for getting me out there the first few times! Today Bucket did the SD R&R Marathon...hope you kicked butt friend...now get your ass back out walking with us!

Finally, my Bro and SIL loaned me their extra vehicle (mine is still in the freaking shop), a Yukon SUV. I've never driven one, and other than finding space to parallel park, this is an amazingly comfortable ride! It doesn't even feel like I'm driving a monster truck! If it weren't for the fact that gas is now $4.29/ gal and that it doesn't fit in my garage, this would be an awesome vehicle!

It's 1:30 on Sunday... I've spent the past 2 hours on the patio, reading the paper and letting the boys lay in the sun. I've just spent 20 minutes doing this. Now it's time to continue laundry, clean the bedroom and chill...before going walking again!

I hope you all have a magnificent Sunday, and that you can find at least one thing to be thankful for today. xo

1 comment:

Jule said...

Fat jeans or skinny jeans I think you are fabulous!! Miss you.