Friday, May 23, 2008

OUCH!

Have I mentioned that cancer sucks? Well, forgive me for being repetitive.

Yesterday I took myself and had that thing cut out of my left inner thigh. It hurt at times, which reminded the doc that he needed to numb me more (especially when I loudly said, "what the F." And when he was done the end result was a little ugly, but not so hideous I'll have to name it. And it was fine...until the numbing crap wore off. It hurts! A lot!

Today...it still hurts a lot! I am limping because it hurts to step down with that leg, but I guess it's better then the alternative. And you're probably thinking, "stop whining." Okay, I'm done! Thank you to all who have offer assistance, support, and even Sprinkles cupcakes!

So I'm laying here watching tv, because 2 silly 30 year old boys figured out how to hook up the xbox 360 to a 100" screen tv. Just a reminder that they get older, but never grow up! But I must admit, I like this laptop in bed thing...it could become an awful habit.

Tomorrow I'm looking forward to hanging with some of my fav chicas (though some are traveling), and hitting the farmer's market. Sleeping in on Sunday and Monday. Celebrating Ian's 19th b'day on Monday...how did that happen? You have got to love a kid who knows what he wants: mongolian bbq from the place we've been going for more than 25 years!

To all: enjoy the long weekend. Take a moment to remember those who continue to fight for our freedoms, and those who have paid the ultimate price.

love and hugs

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Susie just wanted to let you know Im thinking about you and Im so sorry you are in pain!! You are a tough one though and I know you will do great. Cancer dosent know what its gotten itself into youre going to kick its ugly ass lol

Have a wonderful weekend and enjoy! You deserve it!