Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Farewell to my friend

For a very long time, Lori and I have met in the early-ish evening at our local Starbucks, to catch up and solve the problems of the world: usually in under 2 hours! Today is our last time.

Today MY Starbucks is closing. All of this in the name of progress! On Ventura Blvd. in Tarzana, by the no-longer-there Mann Theater, where everything is changing...my haven is going away.

The employees are going to other locations, and they tell me Starbucks will return to the corner in 2 years...2 YEARS!!! This means that we'll have to travel a mile in either direction (oh so far) to hang at a new spot... other characters, other habits. I like the predictability of my crowd: the girl who sits inside at the first table by the bar, always working on her computer...the group of 20-somethings, smoking around two tables in the hallway... and us.

I will miss this old friend, and will look forward to its return.



No comments: