Friday, October 19, 2007

LIVE IN MY BODY (a repeat rant because I heard it again today)

I am blessed! I have mostly great friends , and family. I come home to 3 boys who think I am their universe, and 1 who thinks he is the universe. I have fun. I keep busy and I get to do arts and crafts. After falling at work in June 2006, I could have been much worse off. Very little stops me! And there are drugs for the things that do.

Having said that, I must ask those who say, "Whatever you do, don't have surgery", and those who say, "I have a friend who almost died..." or something along those lines...WHAT THE FUCK? Did you go to med school? Have you seem my MRIs or x-rays? Have you muscle tested my left leg and watched me fail miserably? Do you live on Soma and Darvocet, washed down with whatever amplifies the effects? Do you wonder how much sleep you'll get and which pain will wake you during the night? Do you get out of the car or move and have to stop because your left hip joint is stuck? Have you recently fallen down a flight of stairs because your leg gave out? Can you feel the bones in your back grind on eachother because one disk is gone? Are you ever afraid to move because it might be the move that throws you back into deep rolling spasms?

To those of you who think you know it all I'll simply say this: spend 2 weeks in my body; you can do anything for a week, but by the second you'll be done. Then spend 16 months in pain and being played by the insurance company. Live uncomfortable at best, and always on drugs... and then we'll talk.

No comments: