Monday, October 29, 2007

The Queen of the Good Things

I am not a fan of the Martha...I think she is a piece of work, to say the least. And I rarely give her a thought, unless I walk down the wrong aisle at Michael's.

So there I was on a flight to Oakland, reading the November issue of Real Simple magazine...a mag I rarely purchase because it makes me feel like a total under achiever, and there is a Macy's ad for the Martha Stewart Collection...only at Macy's.

I OWN ALL OF THAT STUFF! Granted, not in robin's egg blue, but COME ON! The garlic peeler I bought at Pike Place market that is manufactured in Culver City, CA; the garlic press that Henckel does so well, the juicer done by...everyone!

It isn't that she's a brilliant business woman; it's that she is surrounded by brilliant business people, and 10,000 worker bees.

But she oozes smug! She gives off an energy that is ice-cold and screams un-earned superiority. Everything about her insists I dislike everything about her!

If she is a nice person-- mazel tov, but I find it difficult to believe that she is.

I admit: I bought her large craft mat from Michael's the minute you could use the 50% coupon on her stuff... a girl's gotta take care of her needs!

For my Martha-loving friends: I love you and your do-it-all-so-well attitudes...I aspire to that!

No comments: