Sunday, October 21, 2007

NOKIA THEATRE - beyond fabulous

Most of you know I've been going to concerts since I was about 13. And my biggest complaint is ALWAYS that the acoustics suck! Who could forget Adam Ant at Universal, screaming like a lunatic? Or the lousy sound when Bruce opened Staples?

I am happy to report acoustic perfection in Los Angeles! The Nokia Theatre holds about 7100 people, and looks wide...and it is. The sound is amazing, and made the Eagles sound even better than ever!

Thankfully the screens are large, and clear! We were in the orchestra, and it was still difficult to see.

The consession situation sucks, so I suggest eating and drinking prior!

One of the earliest concerts I attended was the Eagles "Hotel California" tour in 1976. I've seen them many times over the years, but not in a long time have they seemed as happy or sounded as good as they did last night! They played new as well as old; they played Henley's solo stuff, Frey's solo stuff and Walsh's solo stuff! They ended with "Take it Easy" and "Desperado"...this concert goes in to my memory bank as a concert highlight of all time. I can't tell you the feeling that hit me when they played "Hotel California"; it was like an old friend, come back for a comfortable chat.

The Dixie Chicks were awesome! I only knew their newest album, and I do love that album, and they played much from it. Their other stuff is country-ish, but fun and it didn't bug! I'll probably even purchase another Chicks album...I'm a convert to the Chicks!

Eagles & Chicks have 4 more shows if you have a chance...tix are really pricey, but worth it!

I can't wait to go back!

No comments: